The Malden Fortnight 5km and Kids 100m Race 2019
2019 RACE RESULTS CAN BE FOUND BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK
What is it?
The Malden Fortnight Fun Run is a free to enter 5km Run and Kids 100m Race, which will take place in Beverley Park at 9am on Saturday 6th July 2019.
The Kids 100m Race will start after the last runner of the 5km event has crossed the finish line which will be around 09:50am.
How much does it cost to enter?
Both the 5km and 100m events are free to enter. However, each year we use the event to raise money for a charity nominated by a member of the local community.
This year we are raising money on behalf of Amy Lubarda for Breast Cancer Care. You can read Amy's story here as well as donate an optional contribution by clicking on Amy's Breast Cancer Care Just Giving Page
Are there Prizes?
The fastest Female and Fastest Male in the 5km event will each receive a trophy.
The fastest girl and fastest boy will also receive a prize.
The Malden Centre also have kindly offered to sponsor medals for all 5K finishers as well as 100m race runners. They will also provide a 5 day gym pass and swim voucher for all runners.
Why enter or Volunteer to help on the day?
The event is a great opportunity for members of the local community to do something active together in the beautiful surroundings of Beverley Park. It is also a great opportunity to fundraise as well as eat a lot of cake before 11am on a Saturday!
What you can do to help?
If you want to help at the event then please feel free to volunteer to help with the following:
1. Bake and bring cakes
2. Help sell cakes on the day to runners and their families
3. Hand out race numbers at the start of the event
4. Time keeping / noting down runners finish positions.
5. Collecting cones after the event which will finish around 10am
6. Donate on the breast Cancer Care Just Giving Page
7. Bring some money on the day to donate and/or buy cake
We always have a great supply of cakes on the day, so arrive hungry and bring cash.
What to do next?
1. Volunteer either yourself or friends and family to help on the day.
2. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
See you on Saturday 6th July from 08:30am to collect your race numbers.